challenging and interesting role to work in the passenger car, heavy duty and off highway operating sectors, with great opportunities to support eu and global customers.
a passion for excellence in test delivery, a keen eye for quality of work and detailed understanding of vehicle exhaust emissions will be well rewarded in this role.
- understanding of current generation gasoline and diesel engines and components to be able to troubleshoot, perform assembly, strip and repair activities
- maintenance of equipment following pre-defined procedures
- an understanding of automotive electrical systems and ability to diagnose electrical faults
- safe operational experience and Documentation control
- good computer skills, in particular ms Excel
- integration of ancillary equipment
- fabrication of brackets and ability to follow Engineering drawings.
- using cutting and drilling equipment.
- use of hand tools including cordless drills and grinding equipment.
- using pipe threading equipment and installation of pipework
- maintaining stock levels of equipment and components
the candidate should:
- be competent to be able work alongside customer engineers, horiba mira engineers or unsupervised to carry out equipment installations
- be competent to carry out unsupervised - planned facility maintenance and repairs
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate into and lead a team working environment.
- be prepared to work extended hours or travel overseas to support test projects
- work to required Health & safety standards and ensure that company quality standards are adhered to
- city and guilds – motor vehicle Engineering or equivalent
- full driving licence
- city and guilds – motor vehicle Engineering
- nvq3 in automotive subject
main purposes of job:
- to execute portable emissions measurement (pems) equipment installations and real driving emissions (rde) tests, in support of Engineering programmes
- to maintain Technician workload allocations and facility and equipment capabilities in line with operational requirements
- to maintain rde workshop to 5S standard
- to support continued development of rde test installation workshop area, minimising vehicle downtime
- to undertake rde test installations set up in support of Engineering test programmes
- to support rde test installation commonisation and efficiency improvements with a focus on minimising customer costs, through development of operating processes and procedures
- to run pems system checks and maintain equipment in optimal state
- to maintain inventory and history of rde test equipment and hardware to enable maximum utilisation and reuse of available equipment and hardware
- to drive rde test routes to achieve legal rde test requirements
- to maintain workload balance amongst Technician team
Find a Job Find Candidates