This job is currently Archived,
RD FP 3/9 - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 15 April 2017
- Packages finished products from process lines according to the current packaging standards and quality standards while maintaining budgeted throughput rates for the Process lines. Where lines are equipped with dedicated stopper tumbler, completes stopper lubrication and the timely supply of stoppers to the batch line. Performs product acceptance activities.
- Palletizes case packed product for transfer to sterilization.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Knows functions of all equipment used to package products so that the following duties can be performed efficiently:
- Performs start-ups and shutdowns.
- Sets up and changes over.
- Reports any problems affecting quality of the package or product to Setup and/or Facilitator.
- Assists Setup or support people with work on the equipment.
- Manually packages products when equipment is not available or disabled.
- Ensures correct lot number, product identification, and date stamps regularly during packaging.
- Loads all corrugated cases or shipping cartons according to latest packaging standards.
- Stacks packaged product on pallets in safe, acceptable manner.
- Checks out additive and labels as required.
- Ensures that proper labels are used on all products.
- Assists Setup person in product changeovers.
- Possesses any paperwork required at packaging.
- Knows and observes all quality and GMP standards.
- Performs preventative maintenance as required.
- Assure that all raw materials are available for production lines as assigned.
- Where lines are equipped with dedicated stopper tumblers, lube stoppers for production batch lines as needed per production specifications and prints stopper tickets.
- Conducts sampling, product testing and visual inspection of finished product as required. Inputs data into SAP.
- Issues product pallet identification tickets.
- Fills EPS trays on production equipment when possible.
- Primary function will be Batch Final Pack.
- Performs as a temporary replacement for but not limited to Russell, Tullip and Utility.
- Accurately reports production and waste according to the latest methods.
- Maintains a clean work area and reports any safety hazards to supervision immediately.
Other responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Complies with all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies/procedures.
- Complies with all local BD quality policies/procedures/practices through consistent application of sound Quality Assurance principles.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Observes all safety, environmental and quality system standards.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their Facilitator..
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities.
- To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
High school diploma or GED.
Up to 3 months of on the job training.
- Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds occasionally or 10 to 25 pounds frequently, or up to 10 pounds constantly.
- Physical demands requirement are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Equipment Use
- Understanding and ability to operate all production equipment in the department efficiently .
- Must be a licensed forklift operator.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals and broken glass.
- Reports directly to Department Shift Facilitator. Has no supervision over others.