This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 08 May 2017
- To undertake the point of receipt inspection and sampling of incoming raw materials.
- Duties include the movement of materials as required (by Pedestrian Operated Electric Pallet Truck) and the routine cleaning/housekeeping of the Sampling Room and associated equipment.
- Moving materials to and from the Sampling Room. Inspecting raw material and contract giver supplied bulk stock for signs of transit damage; evidence of pest infestation; contamination or degradation. Confirmation that the company container labels have been affixed to stock correctly, and that materials have been correctly identified by warehouse staff. Confirmation of manufacturer s batch number on containers of stocks and Goods received Note (GR).
- Sampling of Raw Materials, in such a manner as to obtain a representative sample whilst minimizing risk of cross- contamination.
- Samples to be taken for chemical, physical, microbiological examination as appropriate.
- Maintaining standards of GMP throughout the sampling operation, including the labeling of sampled containers to provide sample trace ability.
- Cleaning sampling utensils, sampling room and associated equipment.
- Conveying sample to the appropriate sections of the Laboratory in a timely manner.
- Filing duties in the lab. Maintaining and updating relevant sections of the Raw Materials log book.
- GCSE in English & Maths or equivalent vocational training. Attention to detail.
- Good material handling skills, including ability to handle hazardous materials with care and to sample aseptically.
- Experience of using SAP or similar ERP system.
- Ability to organise own work. Experience of working in a GMP environment preferred.
- Relevant truck licences holder (in-house training can be provided).
Braunton Devon United Kingdom
Find a Job Find Candidates