- To undertake the point of receipt inspection and sampling of incoming raw materials.
- Duties include the movement of materials as required (by Pedestrian Operated Electric Pallet Truck) and the routine cleaning/housekeeping of the Sampling Room and associated equipment.
- Moving materials to and from the Sampling Room. Inspecting raw material and contract giver supplied bulk stock for signs of transit damage; evidence of pest infestation; contamination or degradation. Confirmation that the company container labels have been affixed to stock correctly, and that materials have been correctly identified by warehouse staff. Confirmation of manufacturer’s batch number on containers‚ of stocks and Goods received Note (GR).
- Sampling of Raw Materials, in such a manner as to obtain a representative sample whilst minimizing risk of cross- contamination.
- Samples to be taken for chemical, physical, microbiological examination as appropriate.
- Maintaining standards of GMP throughout the sampling operation, including the labeling of sampled containers to provide sample trace ability.
- Cleaning sampling utensils, sampling room and associated equipment.
- Conveying sample to the appropriate sections of the Laboratory in a timely manner.
- Filing duties in the lab. Maintaining and updating relevant sections of the Raw Materials‚ log book.
- GCSE in English & Maths or equivalent vocational training. Attention to detail.
- Good material handling skills, including ability to handle hazardous materials with care and to sample aseptically.
- Experience of using SAP or similar ERP system.
- Ability to organise own work. Experience of working in a GMP environment preferred.
- Relevant truck licences holder (in-house training can be provided).