This job is currently Archived,
Raw Materials Buyer/Planner II - United States
Posted on : 24 June 2017
Place in the Organization:
- Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Raw Material Buyer/Planner is an integral member of the Operations department.
- The function requires strong interaction skills with the different disciplines within Operations:
- Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Logistics, Technical Services, Facility Management and Suppliers.
Key result areas (major duties, accountabilities and responsibilities):
- Analyze MRP for order creation and release requisitions based upon MRP or business need for PO creation.
- Create POs and place requisitions based upon MRP or business need
- Participate in and Support Tech Transfers, part numbers and BOM information for creation.
- Maintain SS/Reorder point/Min-Max update.
- Prepare and provide information to analyze material impact to the process (Ex: Expiration material value report)
- Prepare Expiry Outlook analysis, scrap avoidance
- Manage demand planning process for Validation, Engineering, Development, Mock runs and studies.
- Maintain acquire unit of measures (Buy vs Use)
- Responsible for Monthly Scrap report analysis
- Maintain QC expediting raw material analysis report.
- Provide forecast to the suppliers
- Understand and comprehend the production schedules
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors
- Monitor open PO’s and run shortages report (Expedite, cancel or push out as required, consolidate POs) base in production schedules.
- Review Vendor Open Order Reports weekly
- Provide data to internal customers in case of a supply disruption
- Work with Logistics and vendors resolving PO issues (CofA, missing information)
- Participate in the Standard cost annual update.
- Manage Raw Material Failure process including Block inventory, and the Supplier Complaint process.
- Expedite Raw materials from the vendors.
- Work with the Procurement Specialist obtaining information from the vendors to complete Part number information and Vendor Creation.
- Negotiate lead times and price
- Define Purchasing unit of measures before the part is created
- Get review and signatures for drawings to send to the vendor
- Update vendor lead times twice a year (Include PO process time/transit time) and QC testing.
- Manage Freight, Vendor Expedite cost and ensure vendors use company suggested carriers.
- Work with Finance to resolve PPV and GRIR’s issues.
- Set up new suppliers (ensure CDA’s are in place, T&C’s are negotiated / agreed to, consulting agreements (if necessary) are negotiated / agreed to, price is right). Make certain buyer and seller (service provider) are on the same page prior to a company purchase order going out.
- Create and manage consignment programs
- Provide support to Quality:
- Manage RM Deviations, Change Control and CAPAs as required
- Complete impact assessments and action items assigned on a timely and thorough manner.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Quality/Supply Chain and/or a minimum of 1 year of experience
- Sound understanding of Vendor Management, Inventory Management, Supply Chain and Procurement is a plus
- Experience with Quality and ERP systems a plus
- Experience using MS applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Ability to create and management databases in Excel and/or Access and extract data.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical and/or medical products industries preferred
- APICS training a plus
- Understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry and cGMP
- Strong Written and Communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external teams at all levels
- Ability to work independently
- A team player with a great positive and professional attitude who is willing and eager to learn
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Process, System and Service oriented
- Ability to Build Partnerships across the Organization
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Willingness and the ability to pick up new technical skills and information quickly
- Excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and can-do attitude to manage unexpected situations successfully