This job is currently Archived,
Rare Disease Executive Account - Brazil
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 18 May 2017
- The Rare Disease Account Executive (RDAE) main responsibility is to drive patient identification and market development for SMA by creating territory, account and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share and profit targets for their territory.
- Furthermore effectively maintaining relationships with physicians and treatment clinics to properly educate on Nusinersen and help remove barriers to facilitate healthcare provider decisions.
- The RDAE is accountable for the success of Nusinersen in the assigned accounts by working in partnership with marketing, logistics support, internal / field market access and medical colleagues to create value for patients and other relevant stakeholders within the accounts to ensure long-term growth in alignment with company's code of conduct and the strictest ethical, compliance and legal standards.
- Focal to the success of the Rare Disease Account Executive remit will be:Identifying HCP / Center / network and patient flow landscape, learning about rare diseases and specifically SMA treatment decisions.
- Understanding the regulatory and compliance requirements and ensuring the right guardrails in place.
- Develops and executes an effective business plan for maximizing territory sales working cross functionally with field market access and field medical ensuring that stakeholder needs are being met.Ensure logistics are in place to administer Nusinersen and IT application
- Pre-launch drive awareness of Standards of Care and company commitment in rare disease
- Builds individual - cross functional - strategic account plans on how to approach customers, improve standard of care, remove barriers, and maintain relationships in order to maximize sales results
- Working across a large cross-functional team to develop SMA centers of excellence (e.g. developing work processes &communication streams) to ensure patients have access to Nusinersen and troubleshoot any challenges.Provide information to management to help with identifying, segmenting, profiling and defining national key accounts - e.g. Hospitals, purchase groups, guideline providers etc.
- Build intimate knowledge of the accounts stakeholders’ priorities and decision making processes (patient flow identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination, business needs, drivers and barriers for Nusinersen utilization.
- Building up, strengthening and ensuring a long-term customer relationship with the accounts’ key stakeholders responsible for SMA care delivery and funding of treatment, ensuring favorable environment for Nusinersen via regular dialog with key stakeholders.
- Partner with and pull resources from the market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert
- English intermediate level
- 4+ years of commercial experience in the hospital/academic medical center/biotech industry
- High degree of learning agility to learn/understand Nusinersen administration and neuromuscular diseases.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and handle risk and uncertainty
- Must have experience working in a commercial team that was a part of a multifunctional team to address patient/caregiver needs, ideally in leading cross functional field team
- Preferred experience in rare diseases (not essential)
- Must be comfortable spending > 50-60% of their time traveling
Bachelor/Master degree Science and/or business administration, economy or related.
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Scientific, Account Executive, R&D, Science, Research, Engineering, Sales