R&D Technical Associate - Systems Engineering - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
What you'll be doing:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: BIO and BIOb) has remained at the center of scientific discovery for more than 60 years, manufacturing and distributing a broad range of products for the life science research and clinical diagnostic markets.
- The Company is renowned worldwide among hospitals, universities, major research institutions, as well as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies for its commitment to quality and customer service.
- Founded in 1952, Bio-Rad is headquartered in Hercules, California, and serves more than 85,000 research and industry customers worldwide through its global network of operations.
- The company achieves cutting-edge product development with proactive investigation of emerging technologies and devices, and annually launches diverse new products in biological chemical assays and clinical instrumentation.
- Our platforms provide new-age solutions for engineers and scientists involved in electrophoresis, DNA/RNA amplification, chromatography, complimented by the sorting, identification and quantification of cells and biological proteins.
- This is an opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists committed to helping the world's finest researchers make advancements in areas of disease and genomic disorder detection and in the development of new medications and novel treatments.
- Join us and help make a difference!
- This position presents a research opportunity for material science research in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with scientists and engineers.
- Work will include the classification of materials by studying autofluorescence behavior of plastics, paints, lubricants and printed surfaces at different wavelengths of light ranging from ultraviolet through visible and infrared, in support of ongoing fluorescence detection and imaging development.
- Work will include the development and execution of experiments to characterize and quantify fluorescence behavior various materials, and utilize imaging and spectrophotometric instrumentation.
- The candidate will create a database to catalog results as part of working material science library, and ultimately present findings to a technical research & development team.
What you need for this role:
- Currently-enrolled college student who has completed at least 2 years of ungraduate coursework.
- Working towards a BS or MS degree in one of the following: Mechancial, Electrical, Optical or Bio-Engineering, Physics, Optics, or Material Science.
- Comfortable in a laboratory environment with good hand-on skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Location
- Hercules, California, United States
- LSG Engineering - Hercules (10913)
- Position Type