This job is currently Archived,
R&D Project Manager- Positioning System - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- Proton Therapy is a cancer treatment modality that allows for a more accurate radiation dose delivery compared to conventional photon-based radiotherapy.
- This capability can only be fully exploited with efficient embedded imaging devices (and software) that position the patient according to the planned treatment and that track the tumor.
- Our positioning management system team of the R&D department focuses on the development of all moving devices in the treatment room:
- Patient and beam positioning (including mechanical, electrical and robotics).
- Control system (including, embedded and Real-time software, wireless technology,…)
- The accuracy and the speed of our system is more & more strategic for our company, and it explains the importance of the positioning features in our road-map we will have to develop on the coming years.
- For that, we need an experienced Project Manager to ensure the delivery of these strategic new features.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Project Manager Positioning Management System (PMS), your responsibilities will be to:
- Organize and coordinate the necessary resources up to the end of the project depending on the scope
- Analyze and manage risks (technical, feasibility, financial, resources, safety...)
- Lead and coordinate project team
- Be the main internal/external contact point for the project execution; ensure positive working relationships across departments and with suppliers if needed
- Be the single point of contact for these projects, collect opinions and communicate widely in order to be inclusive all along projects
- Communicate, analyze reporting and KPI and propose action plans for decision-making
- Identify development issues early, seek continuous improvement
- Organize project closure
- Suppliers management
Profile You have:
- A Technical background/ Engineering degree ideally- Electromechanical or Mechanical
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Project Manager, within R&D preferably
- Experience in delivering fixed-price or Turn-key projects
- Good knowledge of MS Office and MS Project, knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English. French is an asset.
- An analytical mind
And you are:
- Fascinated by new technologies, having a broad technical knowledge and willing to update it continuously
- Client minded with strong interpersonal and excellent people management skills
- Flexible and stress resistant with very good planning & organizing skills
- Able to organize your work autonomously and enjoy taking initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Willing to travel up to 15% of your time
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including our company's leading fully integrated IntegraLab® radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Headquartered in Belgium and employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer we are committed to a diverse workforce.