This job is currently Archived,
R&D Project Manager- Beam Management System - Belgium
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- Proton Therapy is a cancer treatment modality that allows for a more accurate radiation dose delivery compared to conventional photon-based radiotherapy.
- This capability is due to the unique properties of protons versus X-rays.
- These properties are fully exploited with the use of pencil beam scanning (PBS) in the company ProteusOne and ProteusPlus products.
- The beam management system (BMS) team of the R&D department focuses on the development of all the hardware and software allowing a faster and more precise delivery of the dose to the tumor.
- It is also in the team’s mission to develop tools (hardware and software) that allow for easier and faster commissioning of the system, as well as easier maintenance for the PT Services teams.
- Given the strategic importance of developing new product features, we need proper project management to ensure the delivery of these.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Project Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and coordinate project team
- Organize and coordinate the necessary resources up to the end of the project depending on the scope
- Analyze and manage risks (technical, feasibility, financial, resources, safety...)
- Be the main internal/external contact point for the project execution; ensure positive working relationships across departments and with suppliers if needed
- Be the single point of contact for these projects, collect opinions and communicate widely in order to be inclusive all along projects
- Communicate, analyze reporting and KPI and propose action plans for decision-making
- Identify development issues early, seek continuous improvement
- Organize project closure
- Suppliers/Subcontractors management
Profile You have:
- An engineering degree, ideally Electrical or Electromechanical
- 5 years’ work experience, ideally as Project Manager, within R&D preferably
- Experience in delivering fixed-price or Turn-key projects
- Good knowledge MS Project, knowledge of SAP. Redmine, is an asset
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Fluent in English. French is an asset.
- An analytical mind
And you are:
- Fascinated by new technologies, having a broad technical knowledge and willing to update it continuously
- Client minded with strong interpersonal and excellent people management skills
- Flexible and stress resistant with very good planning & organizing skills
- Able to organize your work autonomously and enjoy taking initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Willing to travel up to 25% of your time.
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including company’s leading fully integrated radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, Our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer our company is committed to a diverse workforce