R&D Project Coördinator - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- The Project Coordinator is a supporting member of drug development project teams and is responsible for ensuring delivery to committed timelines and budgets by effectively coordinating team communication.
- The successful candidate will provide project planning expertise to multiple cross-site, cross-functional pharmaceutical and/or biological product development teams to ensure execution of operational objectives.
- You will maintain project plans with timely information regarding timeline status, expense updates, critical path management, risk management and resource forecasting.
- In addition you will collaborate with project managers and will identify and communicate relevant issues to be addressed by the teams.
- The primary focus of the Project Coordinator is on project execution - ensure execution of critical path activities to avoid delays and identify potential issues and opportunities proactively.
- You will provide guidance to team members about expected timelines and budgets.
- In this role you will actively manage project expenses through effective communication of spend information with project team members and timely updates of forecasted total costs and timing of expenses within the project plans.
- The Project Coordinator maintains project plan quality and integrity through regular and thorough updates to activities, expenses and enterprise fields.
- You will foster a collaborative relationship with Finance, Procurement and Contract Management to ensure and efficient end-to-end process for project spending.
- Continuous improvement within the discipline by sharing best in practice techniques and processes with peers.
Experience and background.
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a scientific field with a minimum of 3-5 years previous project coordination experience and good understanding of effective scheduling using MS Project.
Technical Skills Requirements
- High level of competency using Microsoft Office suite - including Microsoft Project or another scheduling tool.
- Ability to communicate well with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently while fostering good working relationships across physical distance and have flexibility and the capacity to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Attention to detail is required; with the ability to view the larger picture and determine appropriate goals and timing.
- Ability to facilitate, negotiate, and communicate effectively within a team setting in order to guide teams.
- Consistently model behaviors of accountability and ownership through excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and group facilitation skills.
- Experience using Enterprise Project Management (EPM).
- Working knowledge of drug and vaccine development process.
- Our company is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways.
- Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services.
- We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.