R&D Process Engineer, Principal Investigator, Digital Printing (MS/PhD) - United States
- Designing and developing processes for preparing aqueous inkjet inks used in various print-head platforms
- Spearhead the development of new platform process technology for next generation products
- Utilize fundamental scientific principles and the scientific method in experimental design
- Responsible for first line supervision of laboratory support personnel
- Provide technical leadership to deliver against program milestones
- Engage with a cross-functional team comprising disciplines such as Project Leadership, Formulations, Dispersion Engineering, Sourcing, Manufacturing Technology, and Operations to ensure successful project execution and transition from laboratory- to commercial-scale manufacturing
DuPont is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DuPont is an e-Verify Employer
- PhD or MS Degree in Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Experience in particle dispersion technology and/or process development is preferred
- Experience in ink jet chemistries and/or coating formulations is highly desired
- Experience in colorant purification and separation processing is also desired
- Demonstrated ability to utilize R&D resources to effectively address dispersion or concentrate formulation and processing problems
- Familiar with analytical techniques such as particle size measurement, ICP, IC, GC, MS
- Demonstrated ability to develop particle dispersion process development including IP mapping, product invention, process development and plant production.
- Demonstrated highly efficient development (Six Sigma, lean manufacturing), commercialization and production of new products related colloidal and dispersion technology
- Applied knowledge of one or more of the following fields is highly desirable
- interfacial science
- colloid/dispersed systems or particle science
- color science
- polymer synthesis and rheology
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.