This job is currently Archived,
R&D Physicist - Belgium
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- Proton Therapy is a cancer treatment modality that allows for a more accurate radiation dose delivery compared to conventional photon-based radiotherapy.
- This capability is due to the unique properties of protons versus X-rays.
- These properties are fully exploited with the use of pencil beam scanning (PBS) in the company Proteus-one and Proteus-plus products.
- The beam management system (BMS) team of the R&D department focuses on the development of all hardware and software allowing faster and more precise delivery of the dose to the tumor.
- The mission of the physics team is to guarantee all the beam requirements of the department in order to deliver the most accurate clinical beam properties (dose, position...) and fast irradiation without compromising the safety of the system.
- It is also in the team’s mission to develop tools (hardware and software) that allow for easier and faster commissioning of the system, as well as easier maintenance by the PT Services teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As R&D Physicist, your responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in the development of new features to improve the quality of proton therapy treatments (accuracy, speed, management of organ motion…), the reliability and the calibration process.
- Analyze, calculate and evaluate the feasibility in accordance with specifications.
- Propose technical solutions for development decisions.
- Participate in other activities related to architecture, FMEA, calibration, integration and validation tests.
- Specifically, you will be responsible of being the BMS interface for the SMI (Single Monitoring Interface), allowing for remote maintenance of the system.
As R&D Physicist, you have:
- A Masters degree in (Engineering) Sciences, preferably in Physics, or equivalent by experience
- Experience in a similar position in R&D, ideally in an industrial environment
- An experience in running experimentation on real systems, you are not afraid to “get your hands dirty” ... all the while following a methodical approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
And you are:
- Fascinated by new technologies and always willing to update your knowledge
- A driven and proactive individual, able to organize your work autonomously
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Service-minded and client-oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Focused on quality
- Willing to travel up to 25% of your time
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including our company's leading fully integrated IntegraLab® radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Headquartered in Belgium and employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer we are committed to a diverse workforce.