What you'll be doing:
You will lead our Droplet Digital PCR™ R&D assays program for both research and clinical applications.
You’ll report directly to the Head of R&D. Come join us and be a key player in our next breakthrough product.
At our R&D center, you can have big company impact while working at a small, nimble and dynamic site.
- Strategize with the marketing and senior management team to find exciting new applications and targets for ddPCR and determine group strategic direction for assay development in both the clinical and RUO space.
- Lead and develop a talented group of scientific staff, including goal setting, performance reviews, scientific mentor ship and career development.
- Provide technical leadership for Droplet Digital PCR assays and kits over course of full development cycle from research and discovery through regulatory approval and product launch.
- Effectively collaborate with manufacturing during the transfer of new products as well as post launch during sustaining development activities.
- Actively participate with and provide technical leadership in the planning and execution of clinical studies and trials.
- Act as a scientific advocate for our products and technology via presentations, publications and active customer interactions at conferences and other public forums.
- You will work closely within our multidisciplinary team, where you will interface with project management, engineering, software development, bioinformatics, marketing, quality/regulatory and others.
- PhD in the life sciences or MD/PhD and 10+ years of scientific leadership in the biotech or pharma industries.
- Minimum of 5+ years of molecular diagnostics with experience in 510k and PMA regulated products.
- A deep understanding of the biology of Cancer, as well as its detection and treatment.
- A proven track record of full-cycle development of clinical products, with special consideration given to molecular diagnostics products.
- Multiple successful product launches, especially IVD products, with a proven record of on-time delivery.
- A highly collaborative leader who has a proven track record of both working on highly matrixed cross functional teams as well as leading/developing technical teams
- A team-oriented colleague that aims to enhance the effectiveness of their colleagues.
- A proven track record of successfully working with regulatory agencies.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age