R&D Manager III (Head of Engineering) - United States
- Our company’s Digital Biology Group is a multidisciplinary team developing products using our Droplet Digital technology that are having a large impact in both research and healthcare.
- Every day, scientists and clinicians around the world use our ddPCR and ddSEQ NGS sample prep systems to make new discoveries, and are revolutionizing clinical decisions with break-through liquid biopsy applications. We’re looking for a energetic and talented senior engineering leader to join our team.
What you'll be doing:
- You will lead our instrument development team and manage a group of >30 microfluidics, mechanical, electrical and optical engineers.
- You’ll report directly to the head of R&D. Come join us and be a key player in our next breakthrough product.
- Effectively direct, influence, motivate and supervise team members, including goal setting, performance reviews, technical mentor ship and career development.
- Effectively collaborate with manufacturing during the transfer of new products as well as post launch during sustaining development activities.
- Provide technical leadership for droplet microfluidic systems, including high-level design and architecture decisions.
- Work closely with colleagues to plan and define future instrumentation and chemistry systems.
- As a key member of R&D leadership, contribute to decisions and actions that define our culture.
- Work closely within our multidisciplinary team, where you will interface with project management, biology, software, bioinformatics, marketing, quality/regulatory and others.
What you need for this role:
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering disciplines.
- 15+ years of engineering experience, with 10+ years of product development experience.
- 8+ years proven leadership experience, managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- A proven track record of full-cycle development, from concept through shipment and continuous improvement, of complex multi-platform products.
- Life sciences and clinical product experience are a benefit, but not a requirement.
- A record successful product launches, with an emphasis on-time delivery.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to achieve good results while balancing multiple priorities.
- A highly collaborative leader who has a proven track record of both working on highly matrixed cross functional teams as well as leading/developing technical teams.
- A team-oriented contributor that aims to enhance the effectiveness of their colleagues.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age