R&D M/F - Netherlands
Posted on : 22 April 2017
- Our company creates and distributes medical devices for almost 170 years; global and innovative solutions allowing everyone to become an actor of his own health.
- Operating in more than 86 countries through subsidiaries or distributors, our company (turnover of € 200 million, 2000 employees) has made innovation and patient comfort a priority.
- Townsend Design is seeking a Mechanical Engineer who can deliver detailed analytical concepts and then back up those concepts with written justification.
- The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with the Director and Manager on staff to create a work environment that is conducive to teamwork and strong professional development.
- The successful candidate for this position will be able to take a project from the conceptual stage through to completion, taking into account budgeting and operational considerations.
- Design, build, prototype and coordinate current and future projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Cooperate with other departments to provide assistance and technical support
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal of each project
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline
- 1-2 years of experience desired
- Strong knowledge of Solidworks
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to multi-task between projects
- Demonstrate good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with management guidance
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of sheet metal parts
- Plastic injection molding experience
- Solidworks simulation
- Experience with hand tools and basic shop skills
- Experience with machining
90 days - 1 year
Socio-professional category (FR)
$50k - $55k
Socio-professional category (USA)
Minimum level of education required
College – 4 year
Minimum level of experience required
1 year or more