R&D Engineer - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- As a member of the R&D Beam Production (BPS) team of the R&D department of our Particle Therapy Business Unit, you act as a flexible resource on various ongoing projects.
- The R&D Beam Production Systems (BPS) team is in charge of the development and technical follow-up of most company particle accelerators, with a special focus on cyclotrons for protontherapy and radiopharmaceutical applications. In the context of the current growth of our company, the BPS team is looking to reinforce its capabilities for several ongoing developments as well as its capability to support others departments (e.g. production, installations).
Duties and Responsibilities:
As R&D Engineer, your responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in the design of prototypes in collaboration with system and technology owners.
- Participate with experts and project managers in developments and experimental campaigns.
- Participate in the test and assembly of accelerators or accelerator components and test setups.
- Participate in the writing of technical documentation related to the above efforts.
- Provide support to operation and production teams.
Profile You have:
- A master degree in (Engineering) Sciences (civil or industrial);
- 0-3 years of experience;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral in English, French is a strong asset;
- Good understanding of electromechanical systems, RF systems, control systems and data acquisition;
- Willingness to learn about numerical simulation methods and analysis if needed (Opera, Comsol, matlab);
- Programming skills (Java, C, C++, LabView);
- General knowledge of accelerators (cyclotrons, synchro-cyclotrons, beam optics, magnets) is an asset.
And you are:
- Fascinated by new technologies and always willing to update your knowledge;
- Driven, proactive, curious and resourceful;
- Quality-oriented, pragmatic, poised;
- Good communicator;
- Open minded and enjoy interacting with people with a different background;
- Fast learner and able to organize your work autonomously;
- Willing to travel up to 10% of your time.
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including company’s leading fully integrated radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, Our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer our company is committed to a diverse workforce.