R&D Central Office Manager/Director - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Reporting to the Senior Director, R&D Strategy, Portfolio and Communication (SPC), this position will work seamlessly and in partnership with the Head of R&D SPC and Head of R&D Business Operations to support the Head of R&D.
- Serves as a first alert system for Head of R&D and RDLT escalating appropriate issues for attention.
- Drives operational effectiveness of the R&D leadership team as well as the R&D administrative support team.
- The role requires proactive planning, effective communication, coordination and project management of select organizational initiatives, leadership team agenda development, action tracking and follow-up, and coordinating ad hoc special projects.
- The role is responsible for ensuring organizational processes are optimally aligned and coordinated between and among groups and projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the R&D leadership team and supports the Head of R&D in driving an aligned and effective leadership team
- Supports Head of R&D in internal and external meetings, including planning with critical constituents and to ensure clarity of scope and objectives
- Responsible for knowledge sharing between and across R&D functions and between functional leadership with the RDLT & Head of R&D.
- Liaise with R&D Communications on the compilation and/or creation of appropriate briefing and communications materials and coordination of R&D events
- Ensures that requests for action and information are furnished in a timely, coordinated manner; effectively handle correspondence and communications involving both routine and complex matters
- Manages and tracks commitments made by the Head of R&D and executes follow-up activities as appropriate and ensures Leadership Team and staff implementation
- Manages travel itineraries for the Head of R&D to ensure all opportunities to advance the strategic, scientific, and portfolio priorities are realized; including providing in person travel assistance
- Direct or matrix management responsibility for the R&D Administrative professionals.
- Create a single system for managing administrative support for the R&D organization including support for cross functional governance meetings
- Supports the development of a scientifically focused site culture through the implementation and coordination of new initiatives
- Provides information and analysis regarding costs of running the R&D Central Office, and is responsible for supporting cost-effective management
- Along with R&D leadership team, identifies and plans for the changing needs of the organization, shares responsibility with the appropriate department heads in long-term planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence
- Project management experience or strong operational skills
- Minimum 5 -7 years R&D industry experience and at least 2 years management experience.
- Strong R&D experience required and an understanding of the drug development process
- Strong ability to influence and lead without authority across a highly complex matrix organization
- Strong communication skills and ability to cultivate a strong internal network
- Impeccable integrity and trust
- Strong self-starter
- Proven managerial courage
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to learn on the fly and quickly identify what’s important and what’s not
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex and at times disparate information
Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, Science, Management, Administrative, Research