This job is currently Archived,
R&D Application Development Specialist (m/f) - Germany
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 21 March 2017
- The R&D Application Development Specialist will conduct applications R&D for the company's printing plate business.
- He is primarily responsible for managing individual and team-based flexographic system applications programs and contributing to team-based global applications programs, and for effective communication of / training in applications findings to customers, sales, manufacturing organizations and external partners.
- Management of individual or team-based applications R&D in areas relevant to the flexographic printing plate system and business.
- Contribution to global team-based R&D projects like Scouting, PCF or GPMP
- Troubleshooting escalated customer applications problems or manufacturing issues.
- Serving as internal technical resource for flexographic systems and processes.
- Serving as external technical expert for flexographic systems and processes.
- Participation in industry associations and project teams with industry partners
- Graduate degree in Graphic Communications or related technical field OR graduate technical degree and several years full-time experience in the flexographic or gravure printing industry
- Demonstrated experience with experimentation, testing, and troubleshooting using statistical analysis to aid in deductive reasoning and conclusion formation
- Demonstrated ability to extend deductive results with inductive reasoning and hypothesis formation
- Knowledge of flexographic printing and experience with flexographic platemaking
- Understanding of and experience with flexographic printing
- Basic expertise in the material components in a flexographic plate
- Expertise in the mechanism of image formation in a flexographic plate
- Knowledge of print quality characteristics and system/process factors affecting print quality
- Experience in state-of-the-art prepress software and in the commercial printing workflow, designing and ripping files, and imaging plates on CDI’s
- Knowledge of color science and experience applying color management in printing applications
- Experience with / understanding of local area networks and workflow through connected systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player with good communication and documentation / reporting skills
- Self-starter, motivated, organized
- Ability to juggle R&D role with short-term urgent manufacturing support projects and escalated sales support projects