- Resin formulation and application development of carbon fiber reinforced polymer composites for next generation materials. The selected individual will work in a multifunctional team and interact with people in different functions and regions
- Establish structure/property relationships of materials to develop theories and understanding of materials behavior
- Study and resolve fundamental topics in the area of material science and composite materials
- Assist in the review and monitoring of patent/scientific literature relevant to the industry and actively seek ways to protect and exploit Solvay's IP
- Write project reports and preparing presentations
- Participate in Health, Safety & Environmental initiatives as set for by the company
- Formulation experience in particular thermosets is the basic requirement for this position.
- Expertise in polymer thermal and mechanical analytical techniques (DSC, Rheology, DMA, TGA)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of composite materials
- Appreciation of composite manufacturing and processing technologies
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Knowledge and experience with Six-Sigma tools is preferred.
- Up to 3 years related experience
- Post Graduate Degree (PhD or Masters) in Polymer Chemistry / Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or a Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience in Research and Innovation.
- A challenging and international work environment in a globally operating company
- A broad range of responsibilities and the opportunity to develop career aspirations