This position will report to the Americas R2R Process Delivery Lead and will support the execution of General accounting related activities. Key attributes of this role include:
- Knowledge, and insight, and experience in financial accounting
- Capable of working independently and applying analytical skills in accounting processes
- Experience in handling high volume account portfolios and balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work in culturally diverse teams
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to leverage and build on ERP/ SAP skills to ensure operational excellence and service quality
- Responsible for executing General Accounting and other R2R related activities with emphasis in Fixed Assets Accounting in applicable technology systems
- Perform and support Fixed Assets Disposals, Additions, Capitalizations, and Depreciations in the FA Module.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities including completion of sub-ledger postings, reconciliations, sub-ledger lockdown, posting to GL & Sub-Ledger, and Corporate Reporting.
- Provide periodic internal and external reports and support ad hoc data request from management or markets
- Responsible for timely reporting of key financials and compliance with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level agreements (SLAs)
- Assist R2R Process Delivery Lead, Team Leader and Global Process Owner (GPO) to identify and implement process improvement initiatives and best practices
- Ensure robust compliance environment with SOX, internal controls, accounting policies and procedures. Support the execution of activities related to internal and external audit requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Finance / Accounting
- 2-3 years' experience working in accounting positions
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Access) and hands on experience with ERP systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous SAP experience preferable
- Proficiency in English
- Portuguese is a plus
Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (zō-EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning "pertaining to life." It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.