R and D Senior Project Manager - Belgium This position is responsible for the overall management, coordination and planning of all programmes and projects within C&G.
Project is currently here
This position is responsible for the overall management, coordination and planning of all programmes and projects within C&G.
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the collection of required information on all involved programmes and projects, the handling of the information and the reporting of the information to all relevant parties within the organisation.
The Program Manager is an expert in programme/ project management by years of experience in this profession. He/ she will assist the project managers of projects with tips and tricks in how to perform project management. It will be one of the more major tasks to act as an internal consultant that gives not only advice but also resolve specific questions on several project management situations occurring at that moment in time.
Key Responsibilities: The key responsibilities can be broken down as follows:
Management of the support function to the programme(s)/ project(s)
- Actively consider resource allocation across the separate streams and make any resourcing recommendations: make ranking decisions between processes if resources are scarce;
- Ensure that key users and any extended team members are used in the most efficient way (e.g. scheduling workshops at similar times).
- Prepare and monitor the overall plan by aggregating the individual programme and project plans;
- Ensuring overall integrity of the overall planning: inwardly on the internal consistency of the overall planning and outwardly on its coherence with the C&G goals and objectives;
- Ensuring effective management of dependencies and interfaces between projects and programmes that are supported: use the overview role to identify any critical paths across streams.
- Assist in the management of third party contributions to the programme(s)/ project(s);
- Maintain a program issues log and resolve any issues raised in a timely and effective way.
- Ensure that any project risks identified in the risk register are mitigated, dealt with effectively and brought to the attention of the appropriate stakeholders as defined in the communication policies.
Management of the reporting to the C&G organisation
- Ensuring effective communications within the programme(s)/ project(s) and to outside stakeholders and interested parties;
- Timely collect all information for reporting purposes;
- Meet every week and report formally to the C&G Director.
- Reporting progress at regular intervals to the C&G Director and his Leadership Team;
- Set and agree on milestones and key performance indicators with the Project Managers and report progress against these milestones regularly;
- Just-in-time responsiveness to programme/ project needs (fire-fighting and problem solving for specific topics/ issues);
- Promote and organise knowledge sharing initiatives;
- Assist in project recovery when and where needed;
- Assist in the management of project financials (analysis of financial results).
- Consulting and knowledge transfer on programme/ project management insights;
- Assist programme/ project managers in the start-up phase of the programme/ project;
- Upgrading programme/ project managers knowledge and skills by continuous knowledge transfer;
- Providing guidance to the programme and project management teams on tasks, task dependencies, techniques, deliverables and task roles
Work from home: Not Allowed
No. of Positions: 1
Field of study
Good to have