R and D Scientist (28256) - Belgium we are urgently looking for a R and D Scientist
Project is currently here
As a Scientist, your overall mission is to design, validate and implement automated high output workflows in our company's R&D biopharmaceutical platform. You will focus on scientific innovations to strengthen our knowledge of the biopharmaceutical properties of the drug substance and drug product, ensuring optimal in vivo performance.
• Implementation of (semi-)automated high-output in vitro workflows in our company's R&D biopharmaceutical platform to understand and predict the gastro-intestinal absorption potential of new compounds across stages of development.
• Design, coordinate, execute and report experimental work related to Biopharmaceutics and Physiology Based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling in support of drug product development.
• Continuously improve existing workflows based on in silico needs and in vivo performance.
• Participate in the evaluation of new analytical techniques in the area of biorelevant testing and keep up to date with scientific innovations.
• Build and maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders including Discovery Sciences, Clinical Pharmacology, Drug Product Development and Analytical Development.
• Work in a multidisciplinary team of researchers, internally as well as externally
Work from home: Not Allowed
No. of Positions: 1
Skills and Expertise
Good to have
Is a big plus
Desired Skills & Experience
Your Profile • Master or Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Biopharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, Engineering or related science with relevant experience in biopharmaceutics. • Hands on experience with preformulation/biopharmacy related in vitro techniques (e.g. solubility, dissolution, precipitation, solid state characterization, permeability…). • Knowledge of and strong interest in API physico-chemistry, solid state, drug absorption principles, formulation optimization, pharmacokinetics and mechanistic design. • Like to work in the lab and able to perform experiments in state-of-the-art laboratories including using automated platforms • Highly motivated, with excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills. • Fluent English (both spoken and written) with excellent scientific writing skills. • Team player, dynamic, stress resistant, innovative and flexible. Assets • Strong interest in working with down scaled and automated high-throughput experimentation and characterization platforms • Understanding of the concepts behind PBPK modelling (Gastroplus/Simcyp) and in vitro biopharmaceutics (e.g. solubility, biorelevant dissolution, particle characterization, solid state characteristics…).