Quality Production Area Manager - United States
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
- Lead operations for manufacturing area. Responsible for all aspects of operations, including HSE, in achieving plant metrics, cost control, people engagement and development, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Operate department in compliance with HSE and corporate standards and in support of business unit objectives
- Safety - Ensures plant operations are conducted in a manner that maximizes the safety of the employees and surrounding community by conforming to regulated standards and requirements. Responsible for the HSE performance of his or her operation which covers employees, equipment, materials and methods. Carries out the detailed requirements of the HSE Management System. Leads Safety Area Improvement Team and sponsors employee empowerment teams such as safety committee and SAFE team. Conducts visible safety leadership activities.
- People Engagement and Development – Ingrain Solvay culture through leading by example. Mentors and coaches team in leadership principles. Provides visible leadership and involves shop floor in improvement activities to grow skills and engagement. Manages core team’s performance to maximize results, increase job satisfaction and build overall leadership capabilities in preparation for future assignments.
- Quality - Works with quality engineers and work cell team to respond to all customer issues, quality escapes and other systemic quality issues. Supports teams in root cause analysis, and ensures clear quality related communications to shop floor.
- Delivery - Ensures on-time and on-quantity shipment of products that meets customer delivery commitments. Supports Operations Manager in operational and business planning, and budgeting. Ensure staffing matches forecasted machine demands.
- Continuous Improvement/Productivity –Sponsors Area Improvement Teams in continuous improvement activities through use of lean and various engagement tools, including kaizen, workout, 6S and applicable problem solving methodology tools.
- Minimum 5-7 years manufacturing leadership experience.
- Continuous improvement background, including kaizen leadership and change management. Demonstrated success in achieving improvements and business results.
- Demonstrated confidence and decisiveness in a high pressure and highly visible role.
- Bachelors of Science, technical background, MBA & knowledge of Six Sigma preferred.
- Strong background in Quality initiatives in a manufacturing environment