Quality Operations Laboratory Manager Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the supervision of the Quality Associate Director / Director, is responsible for:
- Overseeing laboratory technicians in performing wet chemical, instrumental, microbiological and physical analyses of in-process, intermediates and finished goods, raw materials, water and waste treatment samples.
- Ensures compliance with GMP/GLP, and quality, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures documentation is accurately completed and properly reviewed.
- May perform project work as assigned by the Quality Associate Director / Director.
- Primary responsibilities will be the In-Process laboratory where you will be required to work a rotating shift schedule to support 24-hour operations.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or equivalent science degree
- A minimum 3 years experience in a GMP Quality laboratory environment.
- Working knowledge of GMP's as they pertain to Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient manufacturing.
- Experience with/knowledge of laboratory instrumentation troubleshooting/repair techniques.
- Must be able to provide effective technical direction and training as necessary within the section.
- Possesses strong problem solving skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Required to work with hazardous chemicals while wearing personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to work in and around the manufacturing and laboratory areas associated with chemicals related to Beta Lactum antibiotics.
- Required to work a rotating shift schedule to support 24 hour operations. This will include day/night shifts and weekend shifts.
Prior supervisory/management experience in a laboratory environment
Knowledgeable in the Positive Performance Policies and manages employee performance, including adherence to work rules, attendance, tardiness.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quality Operations
Job Title:Mgr, Quality
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Danville
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 3rd
Hazardous Materials: The site is a manufacturer of beta lactam antibiotics and, as a result, candidates must be able to work in and around the manufacturing and laboratory areas associated with such chemicals.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Bloomsburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Allentown
Job Segment: Microbiology, Operations Manager, Chemical Research, Laboratory, Science, Operations, Engineering