Quality Operations Lab Manager Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Manages microbiological testing laboratory supporting incoming, intermediate, drug substance, and drug products. Prevalent procedures include sterility, LAL, bio burden, growth promotion, and microbial identifications.
- Manages laboratory staff of 4 – 8 directs.
- Completes second person review of laboratory data.
- Ensures test methods are compliant with standards, registrations, and compendia.
- Works with colleagues to ensure cGMP compliance.
- Works with colleagues to manage sample flow, laboratory equipment, methods, SOP’s, automation, and other systems.
- Works with colleagues to resolve investigations.
- Works with colleagues to continuously improve laboratory performance around safety, cGMP compliance, reliable data, turnaround times, and cost.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology or related science.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years Pharmaceutical QC laboratory experience.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Microbiology QC laboratory experience.
- Laboratory management experience.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quality Operations
Job Title:Mgr, Quality
Primary Location: NA-US-VA-Elkton
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: General chemicals and organisms typically used in QC laboratories.
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Harrisonburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Virginia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Microbiology, Laboratory, Manager, Operations, Science, Management