Quality-Mobile Medical Apps - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- We are a global healthcare leader. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Mobile technology, Big Data/Analytics, and cloud computing are enabling “connected health” and driving changes of how, when, and where care is given and therapy decisions are made. Overall support of a medical condition is becoming as important as medicine itself.
- Smarter, more connected digital products will drive increasingly customized solutions that focus on helping patients, their caregivers, and healthcare professionals with overall therapy and lifestyle management.
- Our company has created a Digital Devices team which is responsible for the development and scale-up of new devices for late stage clinical trials and commercial distribution. Our company is viewing this “digital disruption” in healthcare as a tremendous opportunity to better serve our patients.
- The Digital Devices team consists of internal and external capabilities in electronics, wireless connectivity, and software development (device, mobile app, and cloud). This team is responsible for managing the development of innovative user experiences, and for understanding and influencing emerging digital standards and regulations.
- Our company IDM QA plays a key quality role in partnering with the Digital Devices team to oversee the development and delivery of iOS and Android-based mobile medical apps. This quality position reports to the Director of our company IDM QA, and will have accountability for Quality oversight of product development, release, and maintenance of MMAs. This position will plan, direct, and coordinate all quality compliance activities primarily focusing on product development life-cycle using agile development methods, ensuring compliance with applicable medical device regulations.
- The candidate will also support other tasks such as purchasing controls or due diligence activities as needed.
- The role is accountable for understanding and guiding our company’s emerging software development needs per current company and regulatory requirements.
- This role will participate in planning (both operational and strategic) to support our MMA development and maintenance needs.
- This participation requires the ability to influence project teams on the development and maintenance of compliant MMA products by leveraging and integrating our company and vendor processes and tools.
- All aspects of software product development under design controls.Practical understanding of ISO 13485:2016 and FDA’s Quality System Regulation. Practical understanding of software development life cycle principles, and design controls per ANSI 62304 and ISO 12207.
- Practical understanding of risk management per ISO14971, and human factors per AAMI HE75 and IEC62366,Practical understanding of developing and communication of software metrics (trends, anomalies, requirements tested, test suite status, level of code reviews, etc.).
- Practical understanding of design verification and design validation for software and hardware.Experienced with performing regulatory compliance reviews and auditing.
- Experienced working with software development teams under multiple product development projects.
- Define compliance requirements for project teams and participate in identifying specific software deliverables.
- Ensure Quality Management System compliance by providing input and/or updates to procedures as appropriate.
- Participate in Root Cause Investigations.Ensure software development, risk management, human factors activities, tasks and deliverables are complete by conducting Design Control document reviews and Phase audits.Includes up to 10% international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, software engineering or scientific discipline with 2+ years of experience in a regulated software and/or firmware commercialization environment OR High School Diploma/GED with 2+ years relevant experience working directly with mobile medical apps in a quality or regulatory function
- Experience managing multiple tasks concurrently
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.