Quality Engineering Manager - United Kingdom
Division: Manufacturing (KeyMed)
As part of the Olympus global manufacturing community, Olympus KeyMed's Manufacturing Business Centre plays a key role in the development and manufacture of new, sophisticated medical and industrial products. Working with colleagues in Europe, the USA and Japan, our multi-disciplinary team of R&D engineers is fully equipped with the latest computer-aided design and modelling technologies, to enable them to develop medical workstations and fluid management products & accessories, and industrial Remote Visual Inspection devices.Producing world class products in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery isn't just desirable, it's essential. Therefore, in today's fast moving, ever changing world, we continue to invest in both our people and the latest equipment and processes to remain at the forefront in manufacturing technology.
- Supervision and management of 7 direct reports and a team of Quality Engineers, Technicians and Quality Controllers
- Ensures quality assurance procedures, processes, practices and controls are properly developed, implemented and maintained
- Ensures that all products represent the maximum quality and reliability attainable.
- Routinely provides guidance and leadership to engineers, inspectors and/or technicians for the duration of a project assignment
- Active participation in ensuring product issues are promptly investigated and adequate corrective/preventive action implemented e.g. customer complaints, out of specification components, etc.
- Resource planning
- Generate control plans
- Review and approval of technical documents
- Problem solving
- Supply chain development
- Project management
- Drive regulatory compliance strategies
- Develop and ensure quality, regulatory and management reports are accurate and delivered within agreed timelines.
- Degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering or Life-Sciences Discipline.
- Five years experience in a Quality Systems and/or Engineering role within an Electro-Mechanical or Electronics or Sterile Medical Devices Manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a Medical Device facility and knowledge of FDA Quality System Regulations (21 CFR 820), EU MDD, JPAL, ISO13485 and ISO9001 highly desired
- Proven track record in a supervisory role.
The interview will be competence based and the following competencies will be assessed:
- Continuous improvement
- Leadership & responding to change
All applications must be received by the closing date of 24.07.2017 and will not be accepted after this deadline.
Should you have been referred to Olympus by a current employee, please email email@example.com to confirm the employees' name and the role you are applying for at the time of submitting your application.
You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work and reside in the UK, in accordance with the requirements of Section 15 of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Olympus, we have a dedicated in-house recruitment team that cover all areas of the business. As a backup, we have a preferred supplier list (PSL) of vetted suppliers and as such, are unable to accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies or search firms outside of our PSL (which is now closed to new suppliers). Please note that Olympus will not be responsible for any fees, charges or terms associated with any such CVs. CVs will only be accepted from approved agencies where terms and conditions have been agreed and we have instructed them to work on specific positions.