Quality Engineer Tech - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Advanced Bionics is a global leader in developing the most advanced cochlear implant systems in the world. Always focused on innovations that improve quality of life, AB has consistently made the industry’s leading advancements in hearing technology.
- In fact, with six sound coding programs, we offer more ways to hear than any other cochlear implant company.
- Our company is part of the company Group, the leading provider of hearing healthcare solutions and parent company, the leading hearing instrument brand.
- As an AB employee, you will contribute to advancing biomedical technology worldwide and work on challenging projects with smart, driven, friendly people.
- AB provides thriving work environments around the globe; each fosters creativity, teamwork, global competitiveness, and professional growth.
- Experience the professional and personal fulfillment that comes with making a difference in people’s lives.
- The role provides technical expertise to solve problems and work directly with MRB in all areas of production and in some incidences working in Receiving Inspection.
- The individual is expected to have a moderate level of technical expertise and be able to develop strong understanding of our inspection processes, non-conformances review, dis positioning of non-conformance and taking on projects which support efficiency/compliance goals as required.
- The role requires the ability to work with independence under some supervision of a Quality Engineer or QA Manager.
- This is the first level of the Engineering Technician classification.
- A candidate with equivalent work experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- A preferred candidate would have an Engineering or a Technical degree.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present information, facilitate meetings and drive change.
- Understanding of basic requirements of drawings and specifications
- Understanding of the fundamentals of ANSI ASQ Sampling Standards and application to inspection processes
- Experience generating computerized Nonconformance database records and standard reports
- Good understanding of principles of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Basic Understanding of Root Cause Analysis
- Experience with continuous improvement and Lean six sigma principles