Job Description :
Responsible for the quality examination of production and engineering components utilizing specialized technical inspection equipment and utilizing measurement techniques and analysis methods and procedures.
- Examines quality characteristics through performing a variety of complex physical, mechanical and electrical testing and inspection functions, utilizing appropriate test and/or inspection equipment, techniques, method, procedures and troubleshoots equipment as required.
- Analyzes discrepancies or deviation from pre-determined standards or specifications to ascertain source and cause; prepares and submits reports to the manager.
- Works from specifications, blueprints, engineering drawings, and diagrams.
- Adapts and sets up test equipment and devices for special tests.
- Adjusts and calibrates precision measurement tools and instruments.
- Tags or stamps approved and rejected items and prepares related forms, records and reports.
- Performs other related duties of comparable complexity as directed, including supporting In-Process and Final Inspection areas.
- Support/follow company Health & Safety working procedures and policies.
- Maintenance of the Production workstation equipment.
- Daily 5S.
- Operate under Lean Manufacturing Principles in an ISO 13485 environment
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
Job Requirements :
- Requires specialized training beyond the high school level in mechanical inspection techniques along with 4 to 6 years’ experience or other equivalent training and experience. Knowledge of basic metrology processes. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Communication Skills: Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization verbally and in writing; translates technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications; produces clear, understandable documentation geared for all audiences.
- Possesses intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Access application programs.
- Management of Resources: Allocates time and resources efficiently, focusing on ever-shifting priorities.
- Continually seeks way to improve individual/team efficiency. Demonstrates ability to be an effective employee in a matrix-reporting environment.