Quality Control Scientist Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position will work, under minimal supervision, in the Quality Control Testing Team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Potency test raw materials, experimental samples, in-process lot material and final product animal vaccines by Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) for USDA release and subsequent sale in accordance with regulatory and internal requirements.
- Conduct testing investigations, assist the area Team Leader in laboratory test scheduling, participate in assay transfers.
- Prepare and participate in Internal, Corporate, USDA and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) audits.
- Review internal documents against regulatory requirements for accuracy and compliance.
- Work on special projects and stretch assignments as assigned.
- B.S. or B.A. Degree in a technical scientific discipline
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to effectively follow procedural guidelines
- Strong computer skills with excellent communication and writing skills
- A minimum of three years of experience in an animal or human health biologic laboratory setting
- Experience with ELISA testing, concepts and principles
- B.S. or B.A. Degree in Microbiology, Biology or Biotechnology
- Ability to troubleshoot assay issues and perform investigations with a solid scientific foundation
- Ability to successfully assume/complete additional technical responsibilities with little supervision
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quality Lab Related
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Quality Control
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: Standard reagents used to prepare and test vaccines; exposure to Biosafety Level 2 organisms
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Microbiology, Biotech, Scientific, Law, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Legal