Quality Control (QC) Laboratory Technician - United Kingdom
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join the QC department in Albumedix Ltd on a temporary contract (fourteen months). In this role you will provide daily cGMP support to the QC Laboratory with regard to equipment and chemical control as well as support for Raw Material and Utilities sampling and testing.
Key responsibilities include:
• Providing daily cGMP support to the QC Laboratory – in terms of equipment and chemical control. Providing cGMP QC support for Raw Material and Utilities sampling and testing
• Overseeing and performing routine equipment calibrations and checks for all QC equipment
• Overseeing and managing the QC chemical and reagent stock levels – from ordering through to preparations and appropriate disposal
• When required, sampling production raw materials and utilities. Providing analytical support in the testing of these samples (either by performing the test procedures or arranging third party analysis at approved contract laboratories)
All tasks are to be undertaken in accordance with cGMP.
• Minimum educational qualifications: A degree in a chemical science,
• Ideally with some “day to day” experience of working in a laboratory.
• Team player with good communication skills.
• Ability to work independently to deadlines, be flexible to changing priorities and be comfortable multitasking.
You will work as part of a flexible QC Laboratory team that has a close interaction with a broad range of other departments. The ability to be flexible and collaborative whilst working to deadlines is essential. Being able to work in a cGMP compliant manner to strict guidelines and procedures is essential.
Albumedix helps biopharmaceutical companies improve patient outcomes with a range of albumin-based products and technologies that facilitate the development of superior biotherapeutics.
Albumedix develops albumin-based products and technologies for advanced drug and vaccine formulation, extended drug half-life and improved drug delivery. Our products and technologies are used in clinical and marketed drugs and out-licensed to pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide. With over 25 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, we have the scientific, technical and regulatory expertise needed to support companies in moving faster to market with superior biotherapeutics. We also use this expertise to strengthen our own drug pipeline. Albumedix is a global company and a fully owned subsidiary of Novozymes.