Quality Control Laboratory Technician – Sterility Job - New Zealand
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Due to maternity leave, MSD Animal Health currently has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Control Laboratory Technician on a 12 month fix term contract based at our Upper Hutt site. In this role, you will be part of the quality function within the Sterility team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Control testing on veterinary vaccines, intermediate components, solutions, environmental samples, raw materials, complaint samples and development samples to meet regulatory and or company requirements
- Accurately record all test data and observations in accordance with Good Documentation Processes
- Follow Standard Operating and Lab Procedures
- Maintain lab equipment in a fully operational state of calibration and validation
- Enable release on schedule of final and intermediate product
A number of essential requirements are crucial. Your success will be determined by your ability to demonstrate:
- Practical experience in a microbiological laboratory
- Experience with aseptic processing techniques is preferred
- Ability to handle pressure and deadlines
- Understanding of the principles of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)/Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Good self-management of own time and workload
- A tertiary qualification in science e.g. microbiology or a related field
MSD ANIMAL HEALTH
MSD Animal Health is dedicated to preserving and improving the health, well-being and performance of animals through science. We offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments the widest range of veterinary pharmaceuticals, parasiticides, vaccines and health management solutions.
We work together to save and improve lives. Join us.
MSD is an equal opportunity employer - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Lab Technician Job Title:Tech, Quality Control
Primary Location: APAC-NZ-WGN-Hutt City
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Microbiology, Technician, Laboratory, Law, Maintenance, Science, Technology, Legal, Manufacturing