Quality Control Associate I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Assist with implementing and monitoring quality control (QC) standards, methods and procedures. Present to and mentor technical personnel in proper and timely QC practices resulting in reduction of errors and deviations, encourage reduction of QA findings, and improve/ enhance overall data quality.
- Assist in implementing quality control standards, methods and procedures.
- Teach and mentor technical personnel concerning proper, timely QC practices.
- Monitor and track common deviations and problem documentation, and investigate to determine root causes.
- Perform general QC practices and suggest solutions
- Complete follow up activities to reduce errors, deviations, and misunderstandings.
- Assist in recommending form and SOP modifications, and changes to standard protocol wording to avoid deviations.
- Assist in maintaining and revising QC documents, processes, manuals, and reports.
- Assist in updating QC guidance documents.
- Assist in providing individual and group training of laboratory personnel concerning effective and appropriate data documentation practices, common hand-recording mistakes, appropriate and clear error documentation/ resolution, effective data QC reviews, and related QC practices
- Assist in reviewing deviations for cause and providing effective communication/training programs to decrease the number of deviations per study.
- Perform QC reviews of study data and reports.
- Perform facility inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: H.S. diploma or General Equivalency degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent required. Associate’s (A.A./A.S.) degree in a scientific discipline preferred.
- Experience: Two to four years related experience in a GLP environment required. Previous and broad QC or QA experience preferred. Knowledge and/or background in preclinical technical functions also preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Demonstrated leadership and word processing skills. Effective written, verbal and communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet