Quality Control Associate - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- Perform QC testing of raw materials, in-process materials, intermediates, and final product using established SOPS.
- Sample preparation, including extraction and purification of nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) and protein.
- Perform line clearance and line start verifications.
- Support laboratory and equipment maintenance and cleaning.
- Prepare/Formulate reagents and solutions.
- Order and Maintain stocks of necessary reagents, solutions, and supplies.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in NPI activities around assays.
- Assist in troubleshooting efforts by applying protocols and setting up experiments with minimal supervisory intervention.
- Write/Update work instructions and SOPs as needed.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry with at least two years in industry.
- Have experience in basic molecular biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, electrophoresis, nucleic acids/protein isolation and purification.
- The ability to work independently on assigned projects with a limited amount of supervision.
- Attention to details and meticulous record keeping.
- The ability to overcome technical challenges in a fast paced, commercial environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with high throughput screening assays.
- Ability to work from and to troubleshoot work instructions and SOPS.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age