- For more than 138 years our company has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
- We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site, we value integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
- Conduct analytical tests and report results as specified in procedures.
- Support non-routine testing as required for process improvements and other technical agendas.
- Working with a high level of analytical instrumentation, the laboratory analyst may be involved in the qualification of these instruments and in their routine maintenance.Should be capable of recognizing atypical test behavior and normally encountered equipment failure.
- Be involved in the development, validation and verification of new methodologies, as part of new product introductions or process improvement activities.
- Be involved in investigations and record any errors encountered, as per procedures and training.
- Follow all relevant Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and will be involved in incident investigations as required.
- Assist in the training of other personnel and as his/her level of skill develop.
- Be knowledgeable of general scientific methods and is capable of learning and executing new techniques and instrumentation after appropriate training.
- The Laboratory Analyst may also be requested to partake in or lead area or cross-functional continuous improvement projects e.g. Six Sigma, 5S or other appropriate methodology.Maintain the laboratory including general housekeeping and material ordering.
Education and Experience
Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other scientific discipline with relevant practical experience.
- Familiarity with analytical instrumentation such as: high performance liquid chromatographs, gas chromatographs, ELISA , IR and UV spectrophotometers, polarimeters, particle size analysers, Karl Fischer titrators, atomic absorption, ICP, capillary electrophoresis, mass spectrometry and NMR spectrometry is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with cell culture and/or downstream purification techniques is desirable.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong IT skills and an aptitude and interest in the analysis of data.