QMS Chapter Owner - Qual Sys&Compliance Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position is critical in Merck’s effort to create a simplified, integrated, user-centric global Quality Management System (QMS) for our human health products with an objective to enable consistently compliant product quality, continuous improvement and effective life cycle management.
Act as a cross-functional leader to Simplify, Standardize & Sustain our QMS, for now and the future. This Executive Director will ensure cross functional alignment and act as change agent for the chapter, including Merck culture and behavior.
Lead development and execution of significant innovation projects driving operational improvements related to all the topics in Chapter 3.
Hold the overall responsibility for MMD Quality Management System Chapter 3 – Quality Systems and Compliance that is critical to enable us to supply Quality products to our patient right first time and very time. Leads the re-design, implementation and sustainment of the global quality systems and compliance processes and systems end-to-end, specifically:
- Lead a team of functional SMEs who own each topic in the Chapter
- Manage the interdependency and collision among the topics within the chapter and between chapters
- Develop and implement the strategy for the Quality Systems and Compliance processes and systems to ensure sustainable compliance of all MMD sites and functions
- Provides leadership and technical direction on regulatory requirements for quality systems and compliance processes and associated support systems in the GMP/GDP environment
- Ensures quality requirements are sound and compliant by using insights, experience and judgment to proactively drive and improve the company’s QMS
Primary Activities Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop the strategy and lead the implementation of the redesigned Quality Systems and Compliance chapter across the MMD network and GMP activities in MRL; define the strategy for global requirements to drive harmonization of processes and systems
- Lead the implementation of quality systems and compliance requirements including Training and Qualification, Data Governance and GMP Records, Computerized Systems, Deviation Managements, Annual Product Review, Product Release, Change Control, Audit and Inspection etc.
- Ensure quality requirements are sound and compliant by using insights, experience and judgment to proactively drive and improve the company’s QMS
- Provide leadership and technical direction on regulatory GMP/GDP requirements with regards to quality systems and compliance
- Initiate, where appropriate, and lead communities of practice to drive best practice sharing and continuous improvements across the MMD network
- Monitor Quality Systems and Compliance chapter health and proactively identify, investigate and resolve trends and patterns before they impact compliance and supply; define and drive implementation of performance metrics, as appropriate, to measure effectiveness of the quality systems and compliance related processes across the MMD network
- Influence and advocate Merck’s position on Quality systems and Compliance related HA expectations through a strong network of external connections and effective external engagement
- Anticipate external trends through benchmarking and regulatory intelligence activities and prepare the company proactively for changes and continuous improvements
This position can be based in the United States or Europe.
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences, Engineering or related relevant discipline
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements for drugs, devices, biologics, including quality risk management and knowledge management, in particular with regards to state-of-the-art expectations quality systems and compliance responsibilities
- Minimum of 20 years experience in the FDA and/or EU regulated pharmaceutical environment; preferably in a major manufacturing site in leading quality roles and/or in Global Quality; experience in vaccines, biologics, devices and API regulations preferred
- Ability to accurately interpret and apply regulatory expectations for robust quality systems and compliance responsibilities in a drug, device and biologics manufacturing environment
- Strong project management skills
- Capable of working and communicating effectively with all levels of the organization globally
- Proven ability to lead and implement multiple projects/tasks simultaneously with competing and/or changing priorities; effective time management
- Proven ability to influence effectively without hierarchical authority multi-functional professionals to drive harmonization and proactive compliance
- Proven ability to effectively initiate and drive change across the MMD network
- Self-motivated with a high degree of ownership and accountability for results
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quality GMP Related
Job Title:Exec. Dir, Quality Systems & Compliance
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Whitehouse Station West
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-West Point, EMEA-Italy, NA-United States, EMEA-Ireland, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth, EMEA-Switzerland
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Compliance, Engineer, Law, Pharmaceutical, Risk Management, Legal, Engineering, Science, Finance