QC Supervisor - United Kingdom
We have a new opportunity available for the position of Quality Control Supervisor within the QC team. This position is based in Leeds, and will report into the QC & Stability Manager.
Supervises and Coordinates all QC activities related to incoming raw materials and finished products testing.
Drives efficiency, performance and compliance to regulatory and business standards.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by the Area Manager from time to time that facilitates the successful running of the department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct team members towards achieving daily and long term business goals. Effectively monitor and manage progress and performance and provide timely feedback to the relevant teams and team members.
- Review and approve all analytical data generated within QC
Pro-actively lead operations and processes to ensure quality standards are met, e.g. GMP / GLP / H&S.
Drive compliance to MHRA, FDA, Regulatory and Company requirements / standards.
Ensure effective and timely delivery of business metrics and reviews.
Participate in problems-solving and continuous improvement initiatives across all functions within QC / Business including lean related thinking (5S principals, elimination of waste, streamlining operations with no impact on quality).
Provide relevant solutions and proposals to facilitate any decision making processes.
Foster trusting and collaborative relationships with internal customers to gain perspective and effectiveness when dealing with operational issues.
Champion efforts to ensure compliance with health and Safety requirements.
- Manage team performance and objectives to ensure that the QC department achieve objectives on Quality, Cost, Safety, Delivery and Business goals / aims –
- Manage the performance of team members to include:
- Writing / producing and delivering performance appraisals within company timescales
- Administering disciplinary process when warranted as per the company policy
- Provide positive recognition when warranted
- Liaising with Human Resources to ensure consistency in administration and compliance with company policies
- Focusing on developing team members and those targeted for succession planning
- Manage, coach, mentor, develop team members to encourage and support a high performance work culture
- Conduct interviews, hire new staff and complete staff orientation.
- Ensure all employees are provided with the proper training and evidence based development programme in order to carry out their duties/role to a competent level on a consistent basis
- Effectively manage employee attendance, holidays
- Co-ordinate testing plans to ensure that internal and external customer needs are met to agreed/required standards
BSc in Chemistry or a related discipline Ideal candidates should have significant hands on experience of analysis within a pharmaceutical environment under a cGMP quality system in a fast paced environment .
Capable using techniques such as HPLC, GC and FTIR ideally gained within an industrial or lab based environment Knowledge of stability testing, performing and managing stability studies is desirable. Supervisory experience in a laboratory environment would be highly desirable.