QC Senior Lab Technician (Millsboro, DE) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck Animal Health, Millsboro, DE is a BioTechnology Center of Excellence that manufactures, fills, packages and distributes vaccines for animals. Our site is responsible for mammalian, insect and avian cell culture production, live bird vaccine production, embryonated egg vaccine production, roller bottle vaccine production, bioreactor vaccine production and down-stream processing (water in oil emulsions, aseptic filling, lyophilization, etc.)
A Senior Tech, Quality Control/Senior QC Lab Tech is responsible for performing advanced laboratory procedures independently for the testing of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company-imposed guidelines. Technicians may work with a variety of technical equipment while completing Quality Testing. At all times technicians must follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Quality Control Procedures (QCPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and adhere to all safety and company policies, perform duties assigned by department management. A Senior QC Lab Tech must possess thorough knowledge of the underlying principles used in testing procedures and understand the material being evaluated, i.e. virus, bacteria, cell line, etc.
Some of the duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates, at all times, safe work habits and maintains a safe work environment.
- Understands and complies with all safety and company policies and procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting testing methods and have the ability to evaluate new testing methods.
- Maintain and evaluate the sequential analysis of the testing standards used in the area of the assignment.
- Responsible for the entry of test results in the QC tracking system and the crosscheck of records.
- Clean work areas including floors, walls, tables, etc.
- Equipment set-up and operations
- Concurrent record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation
- Report all unusual, non-routing occurrences when performing tasks
- Perform more advanced mathematical calculations, conversions and formulations
- Technicians may be responsible for accumulation, labeling and management of hazardous, universal and/or infectious wastes.
- Participation in project teams and/or complete design of special projects.
- This position requires varying environmental conditions, such as: indoor/outdoor work that includes varying temperatures, entering coolers and freezers.
- Majority of time is spent standing, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting.
- May be required to lift up to 50lbs at times.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required per Safety Policy. Examples of required PPE are: safety glasses, safety shoes, LN gear, face shield, apron, gloves
- Associate’s degree with a minimum of 3 years laboratory or related laboratory experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology or related Life sciences discipline.
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand technical information and to effectively communicate information to colleagues at various levels.
- Applicant must have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Applicant must be able to work with poultry eggs and various cell culture types.
- Applicant must have computer proficiency skills.
- Applicant is required to receive vacinnation for Rabies.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Preferred candidate would have training in Aseptic Clean Room Behaviors
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Lab Technician
Job Title:Sr. Tech, Quality Control
Primary Location: NA-US-DE-Millsboro
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Delaware
Job Segment: Microbiology, Biotech, Laboratory, Technician, Maintenance, Science, Technology, Manufacturing