This job is currently Archived,
QC Chemist - United States
Posted on : 20 June 2017
- This position serves as the on-shift technical leader in each of the primary areas of the QC Laboratory.
- The incumbent will work with and potentially supervise a group of 5-7 lab technicians on shift or on the weekend to drive productivity and continuous improvement in the laboratory. Works with laboratory management to develop implementation plans supporting improved technology and methodology based on ease of use, validation, reliability, and range of products to be tested as well as price.
- The incumbent provides oversight over method transfers from Analytical R&D, ensuring that methods are transferred accurately, properly validated and maintained.
- The incumbent trains experienced technicians and scientists in the use of this equipment and the data it produces.
- Four years of experience in a pharmaceutical quality control laboratory and two years as a Chemist I or equivalent. General understanding of applying cGMP requirements for all data generated by the QC laboratory.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, and computer literacy, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow written procedures.
- Ability to lead or participate on a team to achieve desired results.
- May need to travel or work OT as required.
- Monitoring necessary specification or test method revisions to ensure product testing flow.
- May be required to perform an annual review of data for annual product reviews.
- Interact with lab customers, and understand how to professionally interact, document need, and respond in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a back up to QC Supervisors as needed
- A Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related scientific discipline, combined with 1-2 years experience in a Quality Control Laboratory; or any combination of education and QC lab/pharmaceutical analysis experience adding up to at least 6 years total relevant experience.
- Must be able to interpret and apply quantitative and qualitative data and descriptive information originating from complex laboratory instrumentation.
- Experience with advanced pharmaceutical analytical technologies including Chromatography (HPLC, GC) is required. Strong leadership skills are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, including good verbal skills and the ability to work in a team environment. Accurate writing skills are necessary.