QA/QC Supervisor - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists QC Manager with department structure, monitor QC budget and long range plans to meet business requirements.
- Controls and manages the operating expense and spending according to annual budget; prepares and monitors KMI metrics.
- Conducts performance reviews and applies effective implementation of employee disciplinary corrective action programs as needed.
- Creates and maintains a working environment that stimulates innovative ideas and change, and manages implementation of changes in a timely manner.
- Supervises daily QC activities; assures a timely and efficient flow for QC tests.
- Ensures that SOP’s are reviewed and updated as needed; and that all QC processes are performed in compliance with cGMP, SOP, and safety requirements.
- Supports PCR QC and serves as a primary technical resource for other QC departments.
- Participates validation, troubleshooting and NPD processes. Performs and improves QC processes using principles of Lean Six Sigma QC.
- Reviews procedures on an on-going basis seeking ways to improve the efficiency of QC operations.
- Participate in the training and development of subordinates.
- Minimum BA/BS in Life Science from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum three to five years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience – preferably in pharmaceutical, diagnostics or life science manufacturing environment.
- Three to five years experience analyzing and troubleshooting problems, identifying solutions, recommending and implementing methods, procedures and or techniques for solution in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in QC supervisor preferred.
- In depth knowledge of and application of good manufacturing theories and practices.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Experience with ERP system – SAP or similar.
- Proficient in MS Office; intermediate mathematics and statistical computation skills.
- Must have passion to innovate and drive changes.
- Must have personal accountability for results and integrity.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.