This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 20 April 2017
What you ll be doing:
What you ll be doing:
- The Quality Control Manager works with other staff to establish procedures and quality standards and monitors these against agreed targets within the instrument manufacturing plant.
- Works as a team to determine and clearly stipulate the standards that products must meet in order to ensure company and customer quality standards.
- Ensures that all employees, including Supervisors and Managers, understand the set standards of quality; therefore, making communication and productive work relationships between the Quality Control Manager and fellow employees crucial.
- The Quality Control manager is responsible for managing the quality testing function, the document control function, and the Quality Engineers.
- This person is a key member of the plant leadership team and interacts with manufacturing leaders and other leaders in the company.
- The QC Manager is responsible for reviewing customer feedback to determine whether quality standards are being met.
- In addition this person is responsible to initiate and implement quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company s product lines and also proactive in pushing quality upstream to suppliers.
- This person will be an integral part of ensuring the Nor Cal instrument manufacturing site is prepared for FDA and ISO 13485 certification and audits.
- Responsible for managing the plants Corrective and Preventive Action program (CAPA), First Article Inspection (FAI) process and various other quality programs.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- ASQ certification strongly perferred
- Ten + years' relevant experience with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Experience in a high mix, low volume, discreet manfacturing enrivonment
- Experience operating in a regulated environment (FDA and ISO; GMP preferred)
- Demonstrated ablility to lead a team and also leading through influence
- Knowledge of GMP, Lean Six Sigma and good documentation practices
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Experience with FDA and ISO audits
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with process flows, SOPs, forms and instructions to streamline working practices
What s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Hercules California United States
Find a Job Find Candidates