QA Inspector - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a leading global healthcare company, focused on providing value to its customers and consumers by delivering Quality Affordable Healthcare Products.
- Our company has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
- Our company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Quality Assurance Supervisor, this position is responsible for conducting QA inspections of the entire assigned packaging line operation and our pre-weigh/raw materials storage areas.
- Document inspection results on required documentation
- Compare inspection results and any other documents (e.g. COA, COC) to product specifications
- Sampling incoming packaging components
- Approving artwork, component specifications and vendor color standards
- Monitoring of retention sample room (performed routinely)
- Assist in peer review of completed documentation as needed
- Complete appropriate transactions in SAP
- Follow-up with Procurement and Operations including Warehouse personnel when needed
- Make Release / Rejection decisions and execute in SAP
- Assist with Returned Goods processing when needed
- Other duties as requested / assigned
- Position must work closely with Warehouse leadership and Operations/Production/Manufacturing/Packaging staff to coordinate use of floor space for sampling. Position must also understand and abide by all federal and internal regulations in processing goods and other regulated materials.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year working experience in an FDA regulated environment
- Not afraid to work in a working warehouse and must be Safety focused at all times
- Problem Solving Skills; Attention to Detail
- Ability to work independently and strong interpersonal skills
- Good Communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Working Knowledge of cGMPs, SOPs and attention to detail is essential
- Familiarity with SAP, SharePoint and basic math skills is required
- Fluent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Natural ability to work in team oriented environment
- Good Attendance; must be flexible to assist with workloads without notice for planned/unplanned absences.
- Ability to Lift and move up to 25 lbs. onto or off of skids for up to 2 hours at a time