Python Architect – Scientific Engineering Job - Czechia
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Active member of team building leading edge applications in the Scientific Domain and services in the genetics, genomics, big data, analytics and mobility spaces
• Responsible for bringing user experience, usability, and design to the mobile and desktop user experiences of those services
• Engage in visualization and multiple service "mash up" application design
• Understand and engage with world-class scientists in the research space
• Competitive salary
• Position in a leading global company
• Challenging career
• Professional growth based on performance
• Innovative working environment
• Wide range of benefits
MSD is an innovative, global healthcare leader committed to improving health and well-being in 140 countries around the world. Our product categories include heart and respiratory health, diabetes, infectious diseases and women's health. We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world - diseases like Alzheimer's, Diabetes and Cancer - while further expanding our strengths in areas such as vaccines and biologics. We aspire to be the best healthcare company in the world and are dedicated to providing leading innovations and solutions for tomorrow.
Note: MSD is known as Merck in the United States and Canada.
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking professionals to join our Information Technology group in Prague. As part of that team, you will help launch our new IT Global Innovation Center focused on developing and applying advanced capabilities in information sciences, information security, mobility, social media and big data. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology, specifically in the area of early drug discovery. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment. Overall, our new Global Innovation Center in Prague offers technology professionals incredible opportunities to learn from others across the globe, to challenge themselves, and to enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications, skills and Experience:
• Education: MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent work experience, with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience. Exposure to biotechnology or life sciences like Molecular Biology is a big plus.
• 5-10 years of relevant work experience.
• Hands-on experience with Python, related frameworks (Django/Flask/Pyramid/etc…) and RESTful services
• Experience with software design patterns, architecture specifications and full software lifecycle
• Experience with full-stack software development
• Attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
• Interest in newest technologies and willingness to learn
• Agile and Lean Product Development mindset
• Ability to understand strategic IT goals in order to be able to execute own tasks in support of technology integration initiatives.
Ability to work independently with excellent communication skills that cross language/culture/geographic boundaries.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration Job Title:Spclst, Eng., Dev. & Integration
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Architecture, Scientific, Engineer, Genetics, Biotech, Engineering, Science