PVT Staff Accountant of Operations - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Perrigo Nutritionals is the largest supplier of store-brand infant formula in the world with distribution to leading retailers. The Vermont facility is the only ISO 9001 certified infant formula manufacturing facility in the United States.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT, has an opening for a Staff Accountant of Operations. The Staff Accountant of Operations is responsible for the gathering and preparation of financial information for certain period end close duties, reporting of operating activities, inventory, and capital investments, product cost analysis, and other business activities. Provides analysis of information to help support decision making processes.
Major Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for cost accounting activities including weekly/monthly work order accounting, production variance analysis, and yield/scrap analysis.
- Weekly/monthly reporting packages – Prepare various reporting packages for Operations function. Analyze results and assist site Controller in communication of this analysis in order to drive results.
- New product cost estimate preparation and analysis. Perform quarterly and annual standard cost reviews, calculations, and updates.
- Inventory accounting including reserve calculations, reconciliations, cycle counting, and inventory status reporting.
- Must possess a bachelor degree in accounting or finance combined two plus years of manufacturing accounting experience.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills are necessary.
- Strong computer skills are essential; medium to advanced level Excel user ability and experience with ERP systems, familiarity SAP strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and application of financial and accounting principles is necessary.
- Must be self-motivated, have demonstrated ability to work independently to meet deadlines, and be willing to work additional or flexible hours, if needed.
- Strong attention to detail and a high accuracy level is essential.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Internal applicants can apply by end of day May 7, 2017 to be considered.
Internal applicants' direct supervisor and senior management will be notified by the talent acquisition team upon candidacy.