This job is currently Archived,
PV Americas Regional Commercial Manager - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 18 September 2017
DuPont is a 213-year-old science company with a long history of innovation in the solar energy industry. DuPont is also the leading specialty materials supplier to the solar energy industry, with products designed to boost the power output and reliable lifetime of solar panels, lowering overall system costs and improving investment returns for solar energy. Our capabilities extend from materials to modules, including fundamental Photovoltaic material science, cell and module processes, architecture and testing. We are also a Photovoltaic system owner with systems at DuPont sites around the world.
DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions (DPVS) is focused on the market development and support of all DuPont PV related offerings to maintain and grow DuPont’s leadership position. DPVS seeks to hire a Market Development Manager for North America to develop and manage our “down stream” customers and help educate, inform and build awareness of superior materials and the role they play in creating impact on financial returns and lifetime value of solar energy systems by providing reliability, durability, and higher power output.
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for downstream “pull” and market development of DuPont Photovoltaic offerings with downstream influencers and stakeholders (e.g. developers, EPC’s, system owners, banks, insurance companies and 3rd party engineering firms)
- Manage key downstream accounts (same as above), while developing market development and account management plans
- Develop key relationships at downstream customers, industry associations, government agencies and research firms
- Communicate product benefits and the DuPont positioning to help customers and the industry understand the value for Tedlar®, Solamet®, and all of DuPont’s Photovoltaic Materials
- Help drive overall “Materials MatterTM” messaging platform by guiding and participating in industry conferences, trade associations and speaking opportunities.
- Work with DuPont sales and marketing team to collaborate with other partners across the value chain to help realize revenue from downstream successes.
- Work with selected co-marketing partners to grow them, align objectives and build commitment for mutual success
- Work with multi-disciplinary DuPont team, consisting Technical Service, Operation, Marketing, and Research to service our customer with the high DuPont standard
- Carries individual “pull through” quota & responsibility for generation of pull through demand
- Contribute to global/regional marketing plan based on market-driven needs of the region
- Serve as the regional/country point of contact for marketing related communications
This position will be in Wilmington, DE or West Coast US with customers throughout North America
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Business. MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years solar industry experience
- 7-10 years business development or sales experience
- Strong solar industry business acumen particularly across the value chain
- Ability to quickly understand and assimilate new technologies, products and processes
- Results oriented: taking initiative, overcoming obstacles, finding creative solutions, demonstrating a track record of setting clear priorities and goals and delivering against them
- Highly effective relationship development and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications, and presentation skills
- Self-starter; independent achiever and highly motivated
- Team player