This job is currently Archived,
Purchasing Specialist (Contract) Caledon Canada,
Posted on : 26 April 2017
Job Description :
- As a member of the supply chain team, you will be responsible for procuring material to production requirements (MRP schedule) whilst following the Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Service (QCDS) principles.
- This role is responsible for providing a liaison between our company and its supplier base, developing existing supplier relationships and reducing costs while ensuring on time deliverables.
- Create purchase orders to MRP schedules within SAP.
- Maintain order integrity during period of purchase order, responsible for maintenance of delivery date, price, lea time etc.
- Analysis of delivery schedules and progression of overdue purchase orders to ensure on time deliveries.
- Work with production control department to ensure flow of information regarding deliveries.
- Development of existing suppliers, activities to include on time delivery adherence (Class A program), supplier quality development and delivery programs (Lean Replenishment System, Direct Line Feed, Vendor Managed Inventory etc.).
- Collate information on supply chain activities and Leadership Operational Review objectives.
- Present performance against objectives to management team on a weekly basis.
Supplier Transition Projects:
- Identify and participate in suppler transition project to identify new opportunities for PE.
- Identification of non-strategic and poor performing vendors.
- Working with the project buyer to create and improve/exit plan.
- Working closely with the accounts department to ensure standard costs are maintained and updated in a timely manner.
- Advising of changes in standard cost following cost reduction/increase and creation of new materials
- Working with a team member within the purchasing department to establish a clear understanding of their workload, to include job sharing during two weeks of the year.
- During vacation or sickness periods responsible for team member duties, to include day to day tasks and project management.
- Where necessary responsible for delegating workload in order to complete tasks to deadlines.
- Support/follow company Health & Safety working procedures and policies.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor s degree, preferably within business related discipline.
- Minimum 2 5 years experience within purchasing/supply chain role.
- Working knowledge of SAP preferable.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office is required to assist in day to day duties.
- Understanding of low volume purchasing.
- Demonstrating ability to work within a team environment serving both internal and external customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains a broad working knowledge of company products and applications.
- Contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of cooperation, pride, and trust and group identity.
- The ability to collate information, analyze and make decisions based on experience and commercial judgement.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and has the ability to negotiate effectively in a concise manner.
Bolton ON CA
Find a Job Find Candidates