Purchasing Officer (O2) - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Planning & Purchasing is part of the IPT Inbound within the production organization of company Animal Health.
- The department is responsible for planning & scheduling the availability of more than 1800 products varying from vials to media and sera.
- These products are being supplied by two internal production departments and about 200 vendors.
- The users of these materials differ from R&D, production, Quality and support departments in different countries which makes Planning & Purchasing a fascinating part of the organization.
- The goal of the department is to optimize product availability and prevent surprises by providing customers and suppliers as soon as possible with correct, complete and relevant information regarding challenges in supply.
- Analyzing (long term) consumption and future demand (including non BoM demand)
- Monitoring and optimizing inventory levels at internal & external warehouses.
- As soon as possible identifying inventory of questionable value
- Suggesting and pursuing opportunities to prevent obsolete stock
- Managing supplier deliveries including delivery problems (complaints, documentation issues, etc.), taking ownership and attuning with appropriate parties to resolve issues
- Priority setting (in case required) for Goods Receipt & Sampling, Quality Control and Quality Assurance departments
- Analyzing, creating, maintaining and safe-guarding compliance of procedures and work instructions for all critical processes related to Planning & Purchasing
- Reporting key supply chain metrics to IPT management (supplier delivery performance (iOTIF), turnover rates, inventory levels, safety stock levels, D&O, etc.)
- Improving performance via MPS methodology (e.g. Scientific Problem Solving, Corrective & Preventive Actions)
Desired skills & Experience:
- Intermediate vocational education in Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in Supply Chain Management
- Enthusiastic teamplayer
- Customer focused in a dynamic environment
- Focused on collaboration with a constructive and proactive attitude
- Passion for (data driven) continuous improvement and willing to make personal change
- Good communication skills both in writing and speaking in Dutch and English
- Good understanding of SAP-MM module
- Our company is working to help the world be well.
- Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals.
- We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
- Our company has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
- Our company Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish.
- We have offices in more than 50 countries, sell our products in over 140 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world.
- We are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work. We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven.
- But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within company Animal Health as well.
- Our company Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
A good place to work
- Our company is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators.
- Our company always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels.
- We expect a lot from our people and company has a lot to offer them as well.
- Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what company values and rewards most.
- If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, our company will be a good place for you to work.
- We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people.
- Our company gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Job Segment: ERP, Pharmaceutical, Purchasing, SAP, Technology, Science, Finance, Research