This job is currently Archived,
Public Relations Intern Waltham United States,
Posted on : 24 May 2017
- This position is a fantastic opportunity for a high energy student nearing graduation who is looking to gain experience in public relations activities in a fast-paced corporate, team-oriented environment. This internship will support our efforts to drive company s reputation in the media.
- The intern will gain hands-on experience working closely with our Public Relations team, which is part of the Corporate Communications team.
- Corporate Communications also oversees: brand reputation, crisis communications, executive communications, global events, corporate social responsibility and our in-house creative agency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The company public relations intern will assist with drafting press releases and media alerts announcing company s product launches, collaborations, presence at trade shows, and other newsworthy items. The intern will also liaise with our public relations agency on media activities.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Draft internal articles and blog posts that are read by employees, highlighting news developments from across the company
- Track and log media articles in which company appeared/is scheduled to appear and share resulting statistics/metrics with Corporate Communication team
- Monitor the media for industry and peer coverage and analyze/make recommendations
- Perform research, as needed, regarding key topics/focus areas for company s business growth Help to prepare social media postings for variety of company channels
- Assist with Corporate Communications ad hoc projects: research, writing, revising documents from team members
- Participate in and prepare follow up items for:
- team meetings and brainstorming
- select meetings with internal constituents
- Help with Employee Engagement (volunteer) team activities, as warranted
- Interest in public relations, the media, and external Corporate Communications
- Comfortable liaising with others, especially those in different geographies and in a matrixed work environment
- Proactive ability to gather information, reach out to colleagues, and initiate dialogue with others
- Excellent verbal, written communications and interpersonal skills required
- Strong organization, creative writing and editing skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media channels required
- Displays maturity, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Strong team player, able to work across boundaries
- Operate well under pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Currently studying in an undergrad or graduate program for marketing, communications or public relations
Waltham MA US
Find a Job Find Candidates