This job is currently Archived,
Public Policy Manager - Belgium
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- Our company is currently looking for a Public Policy Manager, who will report to the External Affairs Director.
- In this job you will serve as the primary liaison between our company and local government officials, public and private agencies and associations to achieve optimal access to the company innovative drugs in a compliant way.
- Development and cultivation of important relationships with local government officials, elected officials and other decision-makers and relevant bodies across the country;
- Contribute to the development of the policy environment through consultation, education and discussion, and thereby enhance opportunities for access to current and developing company medicines;
- Act as spokesperson on healthcare financing, pricing and access.
This is done by:
- Focusing on public health policy issues relevant for the company brands, as well as the company at large, where appropriate;
- Developing/adapting and active communication of the company view on sustainable financing of innovative drugs;
- Engaging with a variety of stakeholders, including legislators and policy makers, healthcare professionals, academics and NGO’s on issues which have a significant impact on the availability of innovative medicines and personalized healthcare.
Further Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyse numerous public payer activities and trends, including coverage, and payment policies at the national level;
- Specifically: help recognize, assess, and communicate key policy issues that may impact our company and the biotechnology industry in both the short- and long-term to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Focus on the impact of public sector trends and initiatives on our company with respect to patient access, reimbursement, and customer satisfaction;
- Translate policy developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice and represent Public Policy at internal meetings;
- Manage projects effectively and efficiently, and will be required to take initiative to identify key issues and help organize and assist the efforts of other team members as appropriate. In hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that employees are critical to our success inWhere a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- We are looking for a candidate with a master degree with 3-5 years of previous experience working in local government with elected officials or in Public Policy sector and at least two years in healthcare sector
- You have a strong understanding of the health care policy and advocacy environment: Industry Association - Cabinet of Ministers - Parliament - Healthcare Consulting firms
- Furthermore you have an advanced understanding of the government processes, government regulatory bodies that monitor and implement the health programs, health care policy development and the administrative structure of funding sources for government agencies.
- You combine your advanced understanding of the government processes with superior influencing and negotiation skills. You can influence without authority.
- You also have an advanced understanding of health care financing, payer coverage and payment policies is also required.
- You have a proven track record of strong internal and external relationships and influencing policy change.
- As a communicator you have the comfort and ability to present information to a large group of internal colleagues and external audiences.
- Preferably you also have demonstrated media experience (e.g. radio and television).
- You are fluent written and verbal in Dutch, French and English.
- You are a self-starter with strong networking skills, who identifies priorities and articulates long term business objectives and strategies.
- Your strong interpersonal and partnering skills enable you to work in cross functional teams.