PtP Compliance Analyst Job - Czechia
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD’s Regional Delivery Centers (RDC), located across three regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia), are responsible for the timely and efficient delivery of standardized, global financial processes. The RDC – Europe in Prague, Czech Republic will be responsible for the execution and delivery of a broad range of financial services and processes across MSD business divisions and markets for the Europe region.
The Procure to Pay (PtP) Compliance Analyst will work within the RDC-Europe and be responsible for the execution and delivery of the PtP services for all markets under their remit. The Compliance Analyst will have overall responsibility for ensuring compliance to all internal controls, SOX guidelines, and manual internal controls in PtP processes.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensure processes are documented and process and internal control documentation is maintained
• Work with internal auditors on annual internal audits
• Work with external auditors on interim and final external audits
• Manage significant/strategic relationships with vendors and internal/external stakeholders
• Proactively manage issues and develop excellent working relationships with vendors and internal/external stakeholders
• Ensure that reports and metrics related to their supported markets are fed to PtP Manager on time and that all deadlines are tightly respected without exception, particularly at month and quarter-end
• Maintain, understand and follow operating procedures in line with SOX requirements.
• Review, validate and update all relevant Business Process Guides (BPG’s) to reflect current practice; review quarterly at a minimum
• Implement new procedures and re-engineer processes to drive continuous improvement and ensure processes meet business objectives as efficiently as possible; lead projects to drive any such improvements
• Host and manage regular operational calls and ensure all action items are followed up and resolved in a timely a satisfactory manner
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
• Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
• Business Level fluency (oral and written) in English
• A minimum of 2 PQE years of demonstrated work experience within the General accounting and or shared services area
• Will consider a ‘Big 4’ qualified candidate that has experience working with shared service/multi-national companies
• Experience working in an organization providing services across multiple markets or geographies.
• High degree of integrity and personal ethics in implementing corporate policies and procedures
• Effective team player with collaborative focus
• Experience working in a SOX404 environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience of working with larger enterprise customers and institutional customers is essential
• Experience with BPO collaboration/transition
Technical Skills Requirements
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under pressure, and with a high degree of professionalism
• Must be comfortable in an environment of changing technologies and processes, and demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to new ways of working
• A minimum of one year of experience working with SAP
• Experience working in a SOX404 environment
Physical Position Requirements
• Prague, Czech Republic
Demonstrate Ethics & Integrity
Focus on Customers & Patients
Make Rapid Disciplined Decisions
Act with Courage & Candor
Business and Financial Acumen
Working Across Boundaries
Financial Operations & Processes
Financial Regulatory Knowledge
Financial Stewardship & Risk Management
Analytics & Reporting
Accounting Policies & Procedures
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Shared Services Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, Shared Svcs Accounting
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Compliance, ERP, Law, Risk Management, Fundraising, Legal, Technology, Finance, Nonprofit