- The Psychometric Rater I is responsible for administering and interpreting quantitative tests for the measurement of psychological variables related to diseases and disorders, examples of which include, but are not limited to, Alzheimer’s disease, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Multiple Sclerosis, Depression, Anxiety, and Parkinson’s Disease. This position is responsible for managing the psychometric ratings aspect of clinical trial performance at the site level in order to ensure that the data collection is in congruence with the philosophy and mission of the company, as well as with the specific scale administration guidelines.
- The Psychometric Rater I follows study-specific protocol guidelines and communicates and interacts with Investigators, clinic staff, sponsoring agencies, and others to effectively perform required testing and related research activities.
- All duties carried out by the Psychometric Rater I are done so in accordance with company policies and SOPs, as well as all applicable local, state, and federal regulations. Professionals in this role actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility for developing and maintaining mutually respectful relationships.
- Administer psychometric ratings for clinical trials conducted by a supervising Principal Investigator in accordance to FDA, GCP, and protocol guidelines.
- Identify potential problems or inconsistencies and take action as appropriate.
- Articulate ratings issues to CRO and/or Sponsor, Site Administrator, Director, Principal or Sub-Investigator and other members of the study team.
- Interview subject and administer and evaluate quantitative and psychiatric ratings scale results as appropriate to determine protocol eligibility under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Ensure subject safety by appropriately responding to any potential for harm to self or others identified through the course of interviews and evaluations performed.
- Actively work to maintain consistency in the performance of ratings for individual subjects as well as for clinical trials.
- Perform review of ratings across studies and subjects to ensure efficacy and consistency and to prevent rater drift.
- Ensure a flow of communication including telephone conferences between subject, study staff, referral sources, Sponsor and/or CRO, Monitor(s), Auditors and any central ratings groups hired by the Sponsor.
- Maintain timely Compass Research source documentation as well as sponsor required information.
- Complete all monitor and sponsor queries in a timely manner.
- Provide educational in-services for third party vendors providing protocol specific care to subjects.
- Maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with company policy, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Provide appropriate community resource referrals to subjects, caretakers, and family, as appropriate.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Detail Oriented
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to support and demonstrate the mission and goals of the company
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a mental health-related field required.
- At least 1 year experience in psychometry or a relevant role.
- Master’s degree or rater qualification certification preferred.